Songs in the Key of Cucumber Part 1: Unusual Music for Unusual Times
“The beautiful is always bizarre.” ― Charles Baudelaire
Our team of big-eared bounty hunters have crawled through the sepulchral recesses of music history in search of unusual songs to heal and confuse your audio gezaltder-glands.
WARNING: LISTENING TO THE FOLLOWING TRACKS IN ONE SITTING MAY DISORULATE YOUR LOMUNATRIES.
1. Teenage brain surgeon – Eddie Davis
2. Mad Scientist – The Zanies
3. Pass the biscuits please – Andre Williams
4. The Man With The Foldback Ears – Fred Lane
5. Halfsharkalligator halfman – Dr Octagon
6. Ain’t It Grand To Be Blooming Well Dead – Leslie Sarony
7. No more hotdogs- Hasil Adkins
8. Please don’t go topless mother – Troy Hess
9. Masochism Tango – Tom Lehrer
10. Goo Goo Muck – The Cramps
11. Love me tender – The Residents
12. The Lion and the Cucumber – The Vampire Sound Incorporated
13. Mad Witch – Dave Gardner
14. I hear voices – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
15. What is a fisteris? – The Mad Daddy
16. What is a freem? – Steve Allen
17. I only have eyes for you – Spike Jones
If you can recommend any other unusual songs please do let us know.
Our selection was inspired by ‘Music in the key of Z’